For Impressions 1-94, click "Bible in 90 Days: Impressions" label below.
95. Judah had the most men of military age.
96. The 3 tribes with a combined total of 186,400 were positioned around the east of the Tabernacle facing the sunrise. Was this because this was where the most likely direction an attack would come from?
97. The Levites were the substitutes for all Israel's 1st born sons.
98. Num. 5:6- "Give these instructions to the people of Israel: If any of the people...betray the Lord by doing wrong to another person, they are guilty."
99. Levites may not officiate at a Tabernacle service if they are over 50. Is this to prevent certain Levites from becoming too dominant in worship?
100. The Pillar of Cloud either moved or stayed. God was teaching the Israelites to follow Him in all circumstances.
101. Num. 10: 29-31. Why did Moses ask his brother in law to travel with Israel as a guide when God lead Israel with a Pillar of Cloud.?
102. Num. 11:29-30. Moses said he wished all Israelites would have the Lord's Spirit. This should be the attitude of all pastors equipping their flock.
103. Num 12: 5-8. God makes a distinction between receiving dreams and visions and speaking directly to God as Moses did.
104. After Israel refused to enter the Promised Land and Moses interceded for them, Moses used the very words the Lord used of Himself when He revealed His glory to Moses. Moses' earlier time spent in prayer enabled him all the more to pray effectively.
105. When God let the people die in the wilderness, He was giving them what they asked for, literally.
106. If some failed to carry out God's Law unintentionally, atonement must be made by the whole community. If only one person forgets to carry out God's Laws, it is the individual who must be atoned for by the Priest.
107. When the people accused Moses and Aaron of killing Korah and his followers, they probably thought Moses and Aaron had used magical arts to manipulate God, as the pagans thought they were doing with their gods.
108. Only the Levites would be held accountable for any violations connected with the Priesthood.
109. Only the Levite males could eat from the most holy offerings. But all the Levites could eat from the rest of the offerings.
110. To be dependant on Israel's tithes, and to give 1/10th of these tithes as a tithe, and the very best 10th at that, was an act of faith on the part of the Levites.
111. Numbers 19. To perform the purification ceremony for those who were unclean, those who were clean had to become unclean and undergo purification themselves.
112. At Meribah, when Moses struck the rock, God showed His holiness by providing the people with water, even though they had complained and Moses misrepresented God's holiness by his actions.
113. God told Balaam to go with the Moabites, but was mad at Balaam for wanting to go.
114. As the King of Moab was a descendant of Lot and Lot's eldest daughter, he was asking Balaam to curse Israel, the King's relations.
115. Between the 1st and 2nd Census, Simeon lost the most.
116. Even though the people provoked Moses when Moses failed to show God's holiness at Meribah, and so Moses lost the privilege of entering the Promised Land, Moses still interceded for the people.
117. Joshua would not have the same face to face contact with God Moses had. Was one of the reasons that Joshua was not a Levite?
118. God told Israel to utterly destroy the tribes living in Canaan. If they failed, God warned them that what He was going to do to the pagan tribes He would do to Israel. Punishment would not be for failure alone but failure to utterly destroy the pagans would be rooted in Israel's compromise with the sins of the pagans.
119. One who flees to a City of Refuge after killing someone accidentally must stay in that city until the death of the High Priest. Then that person could return to his own land. Why did God want that person to remain until the High Priest's death?
Thursday, January 14, 2010
Bible In 90 Days: Numbers
Posted by Mr. Guthrie at 1:47 PM
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment