For 1-273, click the "Bible in 90 Days: Impressions" link below.
274. All the Cannanites were descended from Ham.
275. The tribe of Simeon didn't have large families. Was this punishment for Simeon's actions in Genesis?
276. Reuben's dishonoring of his father cost him the birthright as the eldest son. So, his family was not listed first in the geneology of Jacob's sons.
277. Mephibosheth is not listed in the geneology of Saul.
278. Even when Judah was in exhile, the Levites were able to pass down the proper worship of God.
279. Saul died because he was unfaithful to the Lord to the point of consulting a medium.
280. Joab was David's nephew.
281. Saul had neglected to bring the Ark back, as he was unspiritual.
282. David never did try to repeat what the Lord did in previous battles. He always asked God for fresh instructions.
283. Uzzah died not just for touching the Ark, but first because he was not a Levite and no one had purified themselves before moving the Ark.
284. Why was David allowed to wear the Linen Ephod?
285. IChron. 16:28-30- "O nations of the world, recognize the Lord, recognize that the Lord is glorious and strong. Give the Lord the glory he deserves! Bring your offering and come to worship him. Worship the Lord in all his holy splendor. Let all the earth tremble before him. The world is firmly established and cannot be shaken." What God did for Israel was to be a witness to the nations so they would put away their gods and worship only the Lord.
286. In IChron. it says Satan caused David to conduct a census; in the earlier account God is said to have caused it to happen because He was angry at Israel and wanted to punish Israel.
287. It appears that David's wanting Solomon to succeed him on the throne was not just David's personal desire, but that the Lord told David Solomon would succeed him.
288. David told Solomon to ask God for wisdom. Perhaps this is the reason Solomon asked God for wisdom after he became King.
289. It was David who gave Solomon the instructions for building the Temple.
290. If David gathered materials for the Temple, why did Solomon need to gather more from other kingdoms?
291. Solomon bought horses and chariots from Egypt in violation of God's Law.
292. The sacrificing of thousands of animals at the dedication of the Temple was a celebration that proper worship of the Lord could take place in Jerusalem in the place the Lord had chosen.
293. IIChron. 7:7- "Then if my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray, and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and forgive their sins and heal their land." Does this promise apply to us today, or only to ancient Israel?
294. Jeroboam was present when the people of Israel asked Rehoboam to lighten their load.
295. The Levites sided with Rehoboam. Jeroboam kicked them out of Israel. All those who truly wanted to worship God fled Jeroboam and fled South to Judah.
296. Rehoboam consolodated his power and then abandoned the Lord. When God punished him, he repented. But he never truly followed the Lord.
297. Many moved to Judah during Asa's reign when they saw the Lord was with him.
298. When Asa quit relying on the Lord, he began to oppress some of his people.
299. Jehosaphat not only followed the Lord, he made sure the people were taught the Law.
300. Jehosaphat had some evil tendencies as he allowed his son to marry Ahab's daughter and he was enticed to fight the Arameans with Ahab. He did evil, but the Lord recognized some goodness in him . Yet again he allied himself with Israel. He never learned his lesson.
301. Even though Jehosaphat made sure the people were taught the Law, the people never fully committed themselves to following the Lord.
302. Apparently Joash could be hidden in the Temple because Athaliah and her retinue did not worship there.
303. Joash's entire devotion to God was dependent upon Jehiada the priest.
304. Many kings like Uzziah followed the Lord until they consolodated their power. Then they abandoned Him.
305. King Ahaz completely shut down the Temple.
306. When Hezikiah rededicated the Temple, the Levite people were more conscientious about purifying themselves than the priests. The people's celebration of the Passover, especially when the celebration was extended, caused the priests to be conscious stricken. So they purified themselves and celebrated the Passover.
307. The Passover was not celebrated according to the letter of the Law because there were not enough priests, probably because they did not purify themselves. Still, God looked at the intent of the peoples' hearts and blessed them anyway.
308. God withdrew from Hezikiah to test what was in his heart.
309. Manasseh repented of his sins and his name is in Christ's geneology.
310. When Josiah heard the Law, he repented.
311. Zedikiah took an oath in God's name to be subject to Babylon.
312. God continually sent prophets to Judah because of His compassion. But the people refused to hear them and they reached the point where God's judgement could no longer be delayed.
Tuesday, February 2, 2010
Bible In 90 Days: I and IIChronicles
Posted by Mr. Guthrie at 2:41 PM
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment