For 1-572, click the "Bible in 90 Days: Impressions" link below.
573. The Lord wonders why Israel rebels after experiencing so much punishment.
574. The sins of Israel consisted of crimes against the innocent as well as idolatry.
575. Judgement will be felt first by the leadership and the women of Judah.
576. Israel and Judah are pictured as an unfruitful vineyard.
577. Isaiah was first cleansed and then ready for service.
578. The prophesy of Immanuel was made in response to Ahaz's unbelief.
579. Although the Lord uses Assyria for His purposes, He will destroy Assyria's army.
580. Chaper 11- Prophecy of Christ attracting the nations.
581. After Ethiopia experiences God's judgement, it will later worship in Jerusalem.
582. Egypt, Assyria and Israel will worship God together.
583. Tyre will be destroyed, then 70 years later, rebuilt, its wealth will provide fine food and clothing for the Lord's priests.
584. Is. 25: 7-8- "In that day he will remove the cloud of gloom, the shadow of death that hangs over the earth. He will swallow up death forever! The Sovereign Lord will wipe away all tears..."
585. Is. 26:3- "You will keep in perfect peace all who trust in you, whose thoughts are fixed on you."
586. Is. 26:10- "Your kindness to the wicked does not make them do good. They keep doing wrong and take no notice of the Lord's majesty."
587. Is. 26:19- "Yet we have this assurance: those who belong to God will live, their bodies will rise again! Those who sleep in the earth will rise up and sing for joy! For God's light of life will fall like dew on his people in the place of the dead."
588. The kingdom of Israel is run by drunkards. It was angry that the Lord repeated His messages in simple terms, so now God will speak to them through the language of conquerors.
589. Is. 29:18- "Destruction is certain for those who try to hide their plans from the Lord." The wicked think God cannot see.
590. The Lord's anger burns against Israel because Israel relied on Egypt instead of on Him.
591. Is. 40: 27- Israel believes God does not hear of its troubles.
592. What is it to be blind? To see and understand what is right but refuse to act on it. What is it to be deaf? To hear but not really listen. Israel was deaf and blind to what the Lord required.
593. The Law was to show the world that God was righteous, but Israel disobeyed.
594. Idol makers never reflected that what they were making was a lie.
595. God says in Is. 45: 19-"...I publicly proclaim bold promises. I do not whisper obscurities in some dark corner so no one can understand what I mean..."
596. The Lord is the source of our salvation, our righteousness, our strength.
597. Even though Babylon was used to punish Israel, Babylon was punished for mistreating Israel. Babylon felt it was self sufficient and accountable to no one.
598. Isaiah prophesied of Cyrus to demonstrate that God is the only true God.
599. A day of final vindication for Israel is coming.
600. Is. 53- Prophecy of Christ as the suffering servant.
601. Come to the Lord while there is still time to receive His abundant pardon.
602. God will bless the Gentiles who keep His Sabbath.
603. Is. 57:8- Idolatry is adultery. Idolators search world wide for new gods to worship.
604. True fasting is treating workers and the weak rightly, not accusing them falsely and keeping the Sabbath.
605. Is. 58:13- "Keep the Sabbath day holy. Don't pursue your own interests on that day, but enjoy the Sabbath and speak of it with delight as the Lord's holy day."
606. Is. 59:20- The Redeemer will buy back those who turn from sin. The Lord's covenant is that His Spirit will never leave them.
607. All the world will honor Jerusalem.
608. Is. 61 read by Jesus in Lk. 4.
609. Is. 65- There will be a new creation.