For 1-367, click the "Bible in 90 Days: Impressions" link below. Reminder: these impressions are just a record that I am indeed reading the daily readings as others in my church do. Since Psalms is so voluminous and my time on the computer is limited, I will only leave a one or two sentance summary of each psalm.
368. Ps. 1- Abide in the Lord always, then one always spiritually prospers.
369. Ps. 2- God's Son is preeminent.
370. Ps. 3- God is our shield, His omniscience and omnipotence protects us always.
371. Ps. 4- Those who try to ruin our reputations should not make us consumed with anger.
372. Ps. 5- Only God's guidance protects us from our enemies traps.
373. Ps. 6- Forgiveness and restoration sought.
374. Ps. 7- The wicked fall into their own traps.
375. Ps. 8.- God is all glorious and has given us authority on earth.
376. Ps. 9.- v. 10.-"Those who know your name trust in you, for you, O Lord, have never abandoned anyone who searches for you." David prays that God would show the nations they are merely human.
377. Ps.10- The wicked oppress the weak because they think God does not see.
378. Ps.11- Why fear the wicked when we know God is a God of justice.
379. Ps.12- The Lord will protect the weak from lying tongues.
380. Ps.13.- How long must we suffer?
381. Ps.14.- Israel suffers oppression which will be judged by God.
382. Ps.15.- Only the holy can enter God's presence.
383. Ps.16.- v. 10-"...for you will not leave my soul among the dead, or allow your godly one to rot in the grave."
384. Ps.17.- David had been tested and not found wanting.
385. Ps.18.- David praises God for final delivery from Saul.
386. Ps. 19.- On the natural world revealing God's glory, the goodness of God's Laws and a plea for God's cleansing.
387. Ps. 20.- David prays for 3rd parties.
388. Ps. 21.- David praises God for giving him all he desired.
389. Ps. 22.- The psalm Christ quoted from the Cross.
390. Ps. 23.- The Lord our shepherd.
391. Ps. 24.- God is creator. Do not worship created things.
392. Ps. 25.- David asks God to forgive David of his past sins and show David the right way.
393. Ps. 26.- David does not keep company with sinners.
394. Ps. 27.- David rests in God's protection and prays he will enjoy God's presence forever.
395. Ps. 28.- David prays that he would not share the fate of the wicked.
396. Ps. 29.- David praises the awesome power of God.
397. Ps. 30.- When David sinned, the Lord turned away from him; when David repented, God forgave him.
398. Ps. 31.- David asks God to rescue him for God's name's sake.
399. Ps. 32.- The blessings of repentance.
400. Ps. 33.- Only God can save.
401. Ps. 34.- The Lord freed David from all his fears.
402. Ps. 35.- Those David showed kindness toward turned on him.
403. Ps. 36.- v.6- "Your righteousness is like the mighty mountains, your justice is like the ocean depths. You care for people and animals alike."
404. Ps. 37.- Don't fret over the transient good fortune of the ungodly.
405. Ps. 38 and 39- A prayer of repentance
406. Ps. 40- Praising God for past deliverences.
407. Ps. 41.- Those who are kind to the poor will be treated kindly by God.
408. Ps. 42.- Our only desire should be for God.
409. Ps. 43.- A prayer to God to lead us into His presence.
410. Ps. 44.- Concerning God's dealings with Israel.
411. Ps. 45.- In honor of God's annointed King.
412. Ps. 46.- God protects Israel as he causes other nations to crumble.
413. Ps. 47.- In praise of God.
414. Ps. 48.- God's city is Jerusalem.
415. Ps. 49.- The rich in this world will lose everything in death; God can snatch us from the power of death.
416. Ps. 50.- God doesn't want sacrifices but wants us to give thanks, trust Him in times of trouble and fulfill our vows to Him.
417. Ps. 51.- David's repentance for adultry and murder.
418. Ps. 52.- God will punish the unrighteous like Doeg the Edomite.
419. Ps. 53.- All have turned from God.
420. Ps. 54.- David cries out to God after he has been betrayed.
421. Ps. 55.- David fears the ungodly around him more than a foreign enemy.
422. Ps. 56.- David trusts God, so he will not fear.
423. Ps. 57.- David praises God for delivering him from his enemies.
424. Ps. 58.- A plea to God to judge injustice.
425. Ps. 59.- A plea from David to God to destroy those seeking to kill David.
426. Ps. 60.- David asks God to go with him as he goes out to war.
427. Ps. 61.- David asks God to protect him since he follows God's ways.
428. Ps. 62.- Trust in God, not in riches.
429. Ps. 63.- v. 11- "But the king will rejoice in God. All who trust in him will praise him, while liars will be silenced."
430. Ps. 64.- Liars are confident they will never be exposed.
431. Ps. 65.- God cares for all creation.
432. Ps. 66.- A call for all the earth to praise God.
433. Ps. 67.- A prayer for all the nations to praise God.
434. Ps. 68.- God enriches Israel and impovrishes Israel's enemies.
435. Ps. 69.- David prays that the godly would never be ashamed because of him.
436. Ps. 70.- Let those who trouble David be ashamed.
437. Ps. 71.- David had followed God all his life. He pleads to God not to abandon him in his old age.
438. Ps. 72.- A prayer to God from David that Solomon will flourish and rule with justice.
439. Ps. 73.- Thanks to God for keeping Asaph from going the way of the wicked.
440. Ps. 74.- A plea to God to avenge His enemies for oppressing His people.
441. Ps. 75.- God will ultimately judge the wicked.
442. Ps. 76.- Asaph praises God for defeating Israel's enemies.
443. Ps. 77.- Will Asaph experience past blessings again?
444. Ps. 78.- A history of Israel's sin and God's choosing of Judah and David.
445. Ps. 79.- A plea to God to forgive Israel's sins and defeat Israel's enemies that mock God.
446. Ps. 80.- Asaph asks God to allow Israel to return to Him.
447. Ps. 81.- God freed Israel from slavery, but Israel followed other gods. So God let Israel go its own way.
448. Ps. 82.- God judges those who are supposed to dispense justice.
449. Ps. 83.- Asaph asks God to destroy Israel's enemies as He had done in the past.
450. Ps. 84.- Desire to worship God in the Temple rather than waste time in rich houses.
451. Ps. 85.- The Lord will put away His anger at Israel.
452. Ps. 86.- No pagan god hears us like the God of Israel.
453. Ps. 87.- All those from other nations will become citizens of Jerusalem.
454. Ps. 88.- Don't let me die; can the dead praise the Lord?
455. Ps. 89.- v. 35- "I have sworn an oath to David, and in my holiness I cannot lie..."
456. Ps. 90.- v. 12- "Teach us to make most of our time, so that we may grow in wisdom." Moses.
457. Ps. 91.- God will protect His own so they will not strike a foot upon a stone. Satan quoted this verse to Jesus when Satan tempted Him.
458. Ps. 92.- Those that abide in God's presence will always flourish, at any age.
459. Ps. 93.- God is eternal, greater than the power of the ocean and the nature of His reign is holiness.
460. Ps. 94.- Those who oppress Israel think God isn't watching.
461. Ps. 95.- Worship God our maker and creator of the universe.
462. Ps. 96.- All the nations are to worship the Lord.
463. Ps. 97.- All those who worship idols will be disgraced.
464. Ps. 98.- All nations seeing how God has dealt with Israel should worship the Lord.
465. Ps. 99.- Worship the Lord for He is holy and rules with justice. Moses, Aaron and Samuel called on Him and He heard them.
466. Ps. 100.- Worship God for He is faithful.
467. Ps. 101.- David pledges private integrity, association only with the Godly and to work to thwart sinners.
468. Ps. 102.- A prayer for both personal deliverence and for Jerusalem.
469. Ps. 103.- The Lord is gracious and does not deal with us as we deserve.
470. Ps. 104.- The work of God the creator.
471. Ps. 105.- A history of God fulfilling His covenant with Abraham.
472. Ps. 106.- A history of Israel's sin.
473. Ps. 107.- Encouragement to those delivered by God to praise Him.
474. Ps. 108.- David states that without God Israel could not defeat its foes.
475. Ps. 109.- Let the curses made by those who oppress others become the Lord's punishment for them.
476. Ps. 110.- David prophecies that Christ will reign over all His enemies.
477. Ps. 111.- Praise the Lord for what He has done for all His people.
478. Ps. 112.- Those who are generous to others will be blessed.
479. Ps. 113.- The Lord from on high protects the weak.
480. Ps. 114.- All creation trembles before the Lord.
481. Ps. 115.- Trust in the Lord, our helper and shield, not in idols.
482. Ps. 116.- The Lord rescues from death.
483. Ps. 117.- God's love endures forever.
484. Ps. 118.- v. 22- "The stone rejected by the builders has become the corner stone."
485. Ps. 119.- v. 1-8- I will obey your law. Please forgive my transgressions.
486. v. 9-16- The word is our best defense against sin.
487. v. 17-24- Only God can reveal the truths of His word.
488. v. 25-32- Know the law, then you will know thyself.
489. v. 33-40- God will change our desires as we read His word.
490. v. 41-48- Love the word and publicize its decress.
491. v. 49-56- Meditation on the law brings joy.
492. v. 57-64- The Law is stronger than the temptation to sin.
493. v. 65-72- The Lord disciplines us to bring us back to obedience.
494. v. 73-80- Let the righteous be pleased with me.
495. v. 81-88- Lord, when will your promises come true?
496. v. 89-96- The Lord's faithfulness is forever.
497. v. 97-104- Knowing and obeying the Law makes us smarter.
498. v. 105-112- Be determined to obey the Law at all times.
499. v. 113-120- Those who disobey God are evil.
500. v. 121-128- Pleading for deliverence from enemies.
501. v. 129-136- v. 30 "As your words are taught, they give light, even the simple understand them."
502. v. 137-144- God's promises have been tested and found true.
503. v. 145-152- David meditates on the Law all day.
504. v. 153-160- David pleads for rescue from the ungodly.
505. v. 161-168- v. 164 "I will praise you seven times a day because all your laws are just."
506. v. 169-176- Let the Law produce obedience and praise.
507. Ps. 120.- A prayer against liars and those not peaceful.
508. Ps. 121.- The Lord always watches over Jerusalem.
509. Ps. 122.- A prayer for Jerusalem.
510. Ps. 123.- God's own look to Him.
511. Ps. 124.- The Lord rescued Israel from its enemies.
512. Ps. 125.- The Lord protects Israel. A prayer to remove the wicked from Israel.
513. Ps. 126.- The restoration of Israel.
514. Ps. 127.- Look only to God for protection.
515. Ps. 128- A prayer for the the flourishing of the godly and Jerusalem.
516. Ps. 129- A prayer concerning individual oppression and oppression against Jerusalem.
517. Ps. 130- Hope in the Lord that He will free you from sin.
518. Ps. 131- David's soul is like that of a small child.
519. Ps. 132- The Lord made His home in Jerusalem.
520. Ps. 133- Live in harmony with each other.
521. Ps. 134- A call to priests serving in the Temple to bless the Lord.
522. Ps. 135- " "
523. Ps. 136- God's faithful love endures forever.
524. Ps. 137- Lamenting the exile from Jerusalem.
525. Ps. 138- v.6-"Though the Lord is great, he cares for the humble, but keeps his distance from the proud.
526. Ps. 139- The Lord made us, knows everything about us and is with us everywhere.
527. Ps. 140- David prays for protection from the wicked and that the wickeds' traps for others would be a snare to them.
528. Ps. 141- The same as Ps. 140.
529. Ps. 142- David prays for deliverence so he can thank God.
530. Ps. 143- David again prays for deliverence from his enemies.
531. Ps. 144- Let God confuse the enemy and make Israel flourish.
532. Ps. 145- The Lord protects those who love Him.
533. Ps. 146- Trust and fear the Lord, not powerful people.
534. Ps. 147- Praise the Lord for His rule over creation.
535. Ps. 148- Let all creation praise the Lord.
536. Ps. 149- Worship the Lord and fight His enemies.
537. Ps. 150- Praise the Lord with instruments.
Sunday, February 14, 2010
Bible In 90 Days: Psalms
Posted by Mr. Guthrie at 7:34 PM
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment