For 1- 647, click the "Bible in 90 Days: Impressions Link" below.
648. Ezekiel went to Babylon during the 1st exile that included Daniel.
649. What Ezekiel saw in his first vision was powered by the Spirit.
650. If Judah does not listen to Ezekiel, at least Judah's inhabitants will know they had a prophet among them.
651. Ez. 3:10-11- "...Son of man, let all my words sink deep into your own heart first. Listen carefully for yourself. Then go to your people in exile and say to them, 'This is what the Sovereign Lord says...' "
652. God will give Ezekiel messages, but Ezekiel is not to pray for the people.
653. The years of Israel's sins- 390; Judah's- 40.
654. After these things come to pass, Israelites will hate themselves for their sins.
655. Ez. 7:13- On the coming judgement: "...No one person whose life is twisted by sin will recover."
656. Those who sin say "The Lord doesn't see it."
657. The Lord had a mark placed on the forehead of those who did not sin secretly.
658. Some in Judah will be spared so they can confess their sins to their captors.
659. Judah thinks the passing of time proves prophecies of destruction are lies.
660. God will punish those who set up idols in their hearts, fall into sin and then ask a prophet for help.
661. The presence of Noah, Daniel and Job would not save Judah.
662. When Ezekiel meets the survivors who join him in exile, he will see how wicked they really are and then he will know that the punishment inflicted upon them by God was right.
663. Judah wasted the beauty God gave her on others like a prostitute.
664. Ez. 16: 61-62- Samaria and Sodom will be Judah's daughters, even though they are not part of the Lord's covenant with Judah.
665. King Zedekiah will be punished for violating the treaty he made with Babylon in God's name.
666. No one dies for their parents sins, only for their own. This indicates that we are not punished for Adam's sin in the Garden but only for our own sins.
667. God does not like to see the wicked die, but wishes they would repent.
668. The Lord argues that He, God, is just and Israel is unjust.
669. Ez. 20: 12 and 20- "I gave them my Sabbath days of rest as a sign between them and me. It was to remind them that I, the Lord, had set them apart to be holy, making them my special people." "and keep my Sabbath days holy, for they are a sign to remind you that I am the Lord your God."
670. Ezekiel complained to God that the people sayed he spoke in riddles.
671. Ez. 21:27- "Destruction! Destruction! I will surely destroy the kingdom. And it will not be restored until the one who appears who has the right to judge it. Then I will hand it over to him."
672. Even the common people of Judah oppress the weak and vulnerable.
673. Ez. 22:30- "I looked for someone who might rebuild the wall of righteousness that guards the land. I searched for someone to stand in the gap in the wall so I wouldn't have to destroy the land, but I found no one."
674. Ezekiel's wife died and he was not to mourn. This was to show how Ammon, Moab, Edom and Philistia will be punished for their attitudes towards and mistreatment of Judah.
675. God will give the plunder of Egypt to Babylon, a reward for destroying Tyre.
676. Egypt will be restored, but will be a minor kingdom. Then Israel will learn never to put its trust in Egypt again.
677. The watchman is to warn of impending attack. If he fails to warn, he is responsible. If he is not heeded, the people are responsible.
678. Those that repent will not be punished. Those good people who turn to evil, the Lord will forget their former goodness.
679. The people listened to Ezekiel's messages to be entertained.
680. Ez. 34- The Lord will destroy the shepherds who failed to care for the people. Then the Lord Himself will be their shepherd. A prophecy of Christ.
681. God will remove Israel's stoney heart of sin and write His laws on their new obedient heart.
682. God is not returning Israel to the land because they deserve it, but to bring honor to His own name.
683. God will reunite Judah and Israel and they will have one king, David- Jesus.
684. Gog will attack Israel, but God will display His own holiness in defeating Gog. The bodies will be buried to cleanse the land. Then the world will know that it was the Lord who exiled Israel because of sin.
685. No uncircumsized foreigner will be allowed in the new Temple. Perhaps this was one reason the Lord was angry at Hezekiah.
686. The descendants of the Levites who caused Israel to sin by encouraging idol worship cannot minister in the new Temple. They will have maintenance positions. Those Levites descended from Zadok will serve as priests and they can only marry virgins from Israel or priest's widows.
687. Only gifts of land from the Prince to his sons are permanent. All other gifts revert back to the original owners during the year of Jubilee. The Prince can only give gifts of land from his own property. No one is to be ejected from their land unjustly.
688. The river that flows from the Temple will provide healing for the Dead Sea.
689. Foreigners living in Israel will remain in the land given to Israel as an inheritance.
690. The land allotted to the Levites can't be sold; it belongs to the Lord, set apart as holy.
691. The name of the city will be called "The Lord Is There."
692. I'm not sure how Ez. 40-48 fits into the prophetic scheme.