For 1- 928, click the "Bible in 90 Days" link below.
929. John the Baptist will cause many Israelites to turn to God, turn many disobedient minds to accept godly wisdom and and turn the hearts of the fathers to their children, fulfilling Malachi's prophecy.
930. A priest such as Zechariah should have remembered what God did for Abraham and Sarah.
931. The people were not going to listen to Elizebeth as to what the boy will be called. The status of women, including mothers was low.
932. Mary spoke of God making wrong things right.
933. The NLT reads "...peace on earth to all whom God favors," instead of "...peace on earth, good will to men."
934. Anna's speaking of Jesus helped to prepare hearts to accept Him later.
935. "And a sword will pierce your soul." Jesus will die for His mother's sins.
936. Jesus was obedient to His parents, even though He was the Messiah.
937. John warned not to feel secure because one was descended from Abraham.
938. John's message of good news came with warnings.
939. People asked John what specific actions would prove repentence.
940. The glory of earthly kingdoms belong to Satan.
941. After Satan failed to tempt Jesus, he went away to wait for a more opportune time.
942. At Nazerath, it appears the people were not mad at Jesus for His claims of being the Messiah, but teaching that Israel would not receive special treatment when God judges the nation.
943. Jesus received a better welcome in Capernaum and stayed a while.
944. Jesus is constantly asked whether He wants to heal; He always does.
945. Jesus often withdrew for prayer even when others needed healing. Jesus knew He had to maintain communion with the Father at all costs.
946. Lk. 5:39- "But no one who drinks the old wine seems to want the fresh and the new. 'The old is better,' they say." Is Jesus critisizing attatchment to traditional religious practices?
947. Jesus' ministry was already underway when He called His disciples.
948. Lk. 6: 35-36- "Love your enemies! Do good to them! Lend to them! And don't be concerned that they might not repay. Then your reward from heaven will be very great and you will truly be acting as children of the Most High, for he is kind to the unthankful and to those who are wicked. You must be compassionate, just as your Father is compassionite."
949. The parable of the blind leading the blind is in the context of a passage on forgiveness.
950. The Roman officer first used his reason to understand Jesus' authority, then put his faith in Jesus.
951. Whether one accepted or rejected God's plan depended on whether one allowed themselves to be baptized by John.
952. In Luke, the picture of putting a light under a bed is linked to the parable of the soils. If no fruit is produced, what one has from God will be taken from them.
953. Moses and Elijah spoke to Jesus concerning Jesus' death.
954. Jesus saw Satan's expulsion from heaven.
955. The disciples, despite all their shortcomings, saw much that the prophets and kings wished to but did not.
956. The scribe who knew which were the 2 greatest commandments still wanted to justify his actions. Even those who do wrong can have some spiritual insight.
957. When Jesus used the analogy of the house divided against itself, He was appealing to human reasoning to make people understand a spiritual truth.
958. The religious leaders put burdens on others they do nothing to lift.
959. The religious leaders will be held responsible for the murder of all the prophets.
960. By refusing to setle the brothers' estate, Jesus was telling us to work things out ourselves according to the teaching we have already received from Him.
961. In Jesus' parable of the master wanting to cut down the unfruitful fig tree and the master's gardener asking that the tree be given one more year, Jesus was illustrating His intercession for us and the patience of the Father toward us.
962. In the parable of the great feast, those who were invited but refused to attend were preoccupied with good things which they loved more than their king. Their priorities were wrong. That is why Jesus tells us not to love anyone more than Him. Before we become disciples, we must count the cost.
963. The Law still has a place in the Kingdom.
964. The one leper who returned to praise Jesus was a Samaritan. Good traits are part of the ungodly's characters. They still need to be saved.
965. When Jesus said the last days would be as the days of Noah and Lot, He was saying people will be too preoccupied with their own lives that God does not enter into their thinking.
966. Zaccaeus was a son of Abraham because once he knew what the Lord wanted of him, he did it. Repentence in action.
967. In chapter 20, Jesus states that Moses wrote Exodus and that David wrote the Psalms attributed to him.
968. Before the End Times occur, the Church will undergo a great period of persecution. The persecution will end before the End Times.
969. Lk. 22:19- "By standing firm, you will win your own souls."
970. Jerusalem will be conquered and trampled down until the Gentile age comes to an end.
971. Jesus tells us to pray that if possible, we can escape the horrors of the End Time.
972. Satan entered into Judas, then Judas went to the priests to betray Jesus.
973. Jesus was resurrected with a real body. That is why He will be able to drink wine in the coming Kingdom.
974. Kings order people around, and then are called 'the friends of the people.' Not so Jesus, who came to serve, not to be served.
975. When the 12 disciples sit on 12 thrones with Jesus, they will judge the 12 tribes of Israel.
976. Peter's faith will not fail, even though he denies Jesus (Lk. 22:32). Peter will repent and turn to Jesus again. This is because Jesus prayed for Peter.
977. Did Judas choose to greet Jesus with a kiss because he was bitter at Jesus for not conforming to what Judas thought the Messiah should be?
978. The Pharisees and the religious leaders wanted Jesus killed because He claimed to be the Son of God.
979. Herod was only interested in a religious show. He didn't care what Jesus had to say; he just wanted Jesus to perform a miracle in his presence.
980. In Matthew and Mark, the veil is torn when Jesus dies. In Luke, before Jesus dies.
981. The crowd came to enjoy the show, but Jesus' conduct in death caused them to leave in sorrow.
982. Joseph of Aramethea had been waiting for the Kingdom of God.
983. God kept the 2 men on the road to Emmaus from recognizing Jesus.
984. Jesus spoke from Moses and the Prophets to speak of Himself.
985. The men recognized Jesus when Jesus broke the bread.
986. Within the hour, they were back on the road to Jerusalem.
987. When the 2 men returned to Jerusalem, Jesus had already appeared to Peter.
988. Jesus showed He had a physical body. They saw His wounds, touched Him and He ate food.
989. The message of the Gospel is repentence.
990. Jesus opened the disciples' minds to understand scripture.
991. Jesus said Moses, the Prophets and the Psalms spoke of Him.
992. The sending of the Holy Spirit by the Father and Jesus is the promise of the faith.
993. Jesus told the disciples to stay in Jerusalem until they receive the Holy Spirit.
994. The disciples worshipped openly after Jesus' assention into heaven.